X
Dear User,
On May 25, 2018, Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of April 27, 2016 (General Data Protection Regulation) came into force. We encourage you to familiarise yourself with information about the processing of personal data on the PolskieRadio.pl website.
1.The Data Administrator is Polish Radio S.A., based at 77/85 Niepodległości Ave., 00-977, Warsaw.
2.On issues regarding your data, please contact the Data Protection Officer, e-mail: iod@polskieradio.pl, tel. 22 645 34 03.
3.Personal data may be processed for marketing purposes based on consent.
4.Personal data may be shared solely for the purpose of proper implementation of services defined in the privacy policy.
5.Personal data will not be transferred outside the European Economic Area or to an international organisation.
6.Personal data will be stored for 5 years after an account is deactivated, in accordance with the law.
7.You have the right to access your personal data, correct it, to have it moved or deleted, or to limit its processing.
8.You have the right to object to further processing, and in the case of voicing consent to the processing of personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent. The exercise of the right to withdraw consent does not affect any processing that has already taken place.
9.You have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
10.Polish Radio S.A. declares that no automated decisions are made when personal data is processed, and that profiling is not used.
For more information on this subject, please read our personal data and privacy policy.
I UNDERSTAND
English Section

Probe into revelations about alleged paedophile scandal in Poland

21.05.2020 13:21
Officials have said a special team will be set up within the National Public Prosecutor's Office to probe claims made in a documentary about an alleged paedophile scandal in Poland involving celebrities and businessmen.
Image by Joseph Redfield Nino from Pixabay
Image by Joseph Redfield Nino from Pixabay Pixabay License

The special team will be formed on the orders of Poland’s Justice Minister Zbigniew Ziobro, who is also the country’s prosecutor-general.

The documentary, entitled Nic sie nie stało (Nothing Happened) and made by filmmaker Sylwester Latkowski, was aired by public broadcaster TVP on Wednesday evening.

Deputy Justice Minister Michał Wójcik said after the screening that his ministry had a policy of "zero tolerance" towards crimes like paedophilia.

“I can promise that no one will sweep anything under the rug,” he said.

“It was under Zbigniew Ziobro and this government that we really started the battle against paedophilia,” Wójcik added, referring to the ruling conservatives, who came to power in Poland in 2015 and won a second term last year.

A separate documentary aired last year caused shock in Poland by highlighting cases of people who said they were molested by priests in childhood.

At the time, Roman Catholic Archbishop Wojciech Polak, the Primate of Poland, said he was “deeply disturbed” by what he saw in the documentary film Tylko nie mów nikomu (Tell No One) by the brothers Tomasz Sekielski and Marek Sekielski.

(pk/gs)

Source: IAR/PAP