Dear User,
On May 25, 2018, Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of April 27, 2016 (General Data Protection Regulation) came into force. We encourage you to familiarise yourself with information about the processing of personal data on the PolskieRadio.pl website.
1.The Data Administrator is Polish Radio S.A., based at 77/85 Niepodległości Ave., 00-977, Warsaw.
2.On issues regarding your data, please contact the Data Protection Officer, e-mail: iod@polskieradio.pl, tel. 22 645 34 03.
3.Personal data may be processed for marketing purposes based on consent.
4.Personal data may be shared solely for the purpose of proper implementation of services defined in the privacy policy.
5.Personal data will not be transferred outside the European Economic Area or to an international organisation.
6.Personal data will be stored for 5 years after an account is deactivated, in accordance with the law.
7.You have the right to access your personal data, correct it, to have it moved or deleted, or to limit its processing.
8.You have the right to object to further processing, and in the case of voicing consent to the processing of personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent. The exercise of the right to withdraw consent does not affect any processing that has already taken place.
9.You have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
10.Polish Radio S.A. declares that no automated decisions are made when personal data is processed, and that profiling is not used.
For more information on this subject, please read our personal data and privacy policy.
English Section

Hundreds protest after man detained by Polish police dies

09.08.2021 07:30
Several hundred people have staged a protest in front of a police station in Lubin, southwestern Poland, over the death of a 34-year-old man detained by officers, news media have reported.
A crowd protests outside a police station in Lubin, southwestern Poland, on Sunday.
A crowd protests outside a police station in Lubin, southwestern Poland, on Sunday.Photo: PAP/Aleksander Koźmiński

Protesters on Sunday threw bottles, stones and Molotov cocktails at the façade of the police headquarters, while a crowd of around 30 stormed the building, Poland’s PAP news agency reported.

In response, police tear-gassed the crowd and detained 30 of the most aggressive protesters, according to officials.

The incident occurred after local police on Friday morning detained a man that they said behaved in an aggressive manner.

A video footage that went viral showed four officers trying to subdue the man and put him in a police vehicle. In the video, the man tries to break free, screams and calls for help. At some point he loses consciousness.

Officers say they were responding to an emergency call from the man's mother, who said her son had been using drugs and behaving violently.

The Provincial Police Department in Wrocław, southwestern Poland, said in a statement on Saturday that, "considering the man's aggressive behaviour and reasonable suspicion that he may be under the influence of drugs,” more officers were called to the site “to prevent an escalation.”

An ambulance with a team of paramedics was also deployed, the force said.

The man died two hours after being taken to the hospital, according to the police statement.

A lawmaker from Poland's main opposition grouping, the Civic Coalition (KO), Piotr Borys, has challenged the police version of the events, saying it is “not true,” the PAP news agency reported.

“According to information from the hospital management, the young citizen of Lubin died in the ambulance before it arrived at the hospital,” Borys wrote on Twitter.

Prosecutors have launched an investigation into the incident, officials told reporters.


Source: PAP