The Polish foreign ministry said in a Twitter post on Sunday that “Poland is deeply concerned with the reported military clashes around Nagorno-Karabakh.”
It added: “We call for an immediate cease of hostilities, de-escalation and resumption of peaceful negotiations ...”
Polish Foreign Minister Zbigniew Rau tweeted: “I am monitoring the situation in Nagorno-Karabakh with deep concern.”
He added that “the only reasonable way ahead” for Armenia and Azerbaijan was “a ceasefire, de-escalation, and negotiations.”
Some of the fiercest fighting between Armenia and Azerbaijan since 2016 erupted on Sunday, and the defence ministry of the Nagorno-Karabakh breakaway region said the clashes continued on Monday morning, the Reuters news agency reported.
It quoted the Nagorno-Karabakh breakaway region as saying on Monday that 15 more of its servicemen had been killed in fighting with Azerbaijan's forces on Sunday.
Nagorno-Karabakh said on Sunday that 16 of its servicemen had been killed and more than 100 wounded after Azerbaijan launched an air and artillery attack early that day, Reuters reported.
Source: IAR, PAP, Reuters