Deputy Health Minister Janusz Cieszyński said wedding parties would have to take place with safety protocols in place.
Details of these were being worked out by the country’s sanitary inspectors, he added.
Public broadcaster Polish Radio reported that the decision on allowing weddings could be announced next week.
After the COVID-19 epidemic broke out in Poland in March, the government banned public gatherings and closed all pubs, clubs and restaurants.
It first relaxed the coronavirus lockdown in April, when Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki said the easing of restrictions on public life would take place in four stages, with the timing depending on the progress of the epidemic.
Hairdressers, restaurants, bars and cafes were allowed to reopen this week.
A total of 20,619 people have tested positive for the COVID-19 disease in Poland, with 982 deaths from the coronavirus so far, officials said on Friday evening.
Source: Polish Radio/IAR