He said the victims were mainly from Latin America and described the investigation as ongoing.
The Border Guard said officers had been investigating the case since 2024.
On February 11, they searched 17 apartments and business premises in Poland's northern Pomerania region, seizing cash, investment gold, collectible coins and jewellery worth PLN 3.6 million (EUR 850,000) as well as more than PLN 3.8 million (EUR 900,000) in 28 bank accounts that were frozen as part of the probe.
The gang, allegedly led by a Ukrainian citizen and a Pole, included mainly Ukrainian, Polish and Uzbek nationals.
Investigators said the suspects used companies registered in Poland and abroad to facilitate crimes including human trafficking.
The victims, primarily Colombians and other Latin Americans, were recruited in their home countries and then transferred to Poland under the guise of legal employment through companies registered outside the European Union, the Border Guard said.
Authorities said the scheme involved exploiting victims for forced labour through violence, threats, deception and abuse of their vulnerable situation.
During the period covered by the investigation, the group recruited about 2,000 foreign nationals, officials said.
So far, 50 victims of human trafficking have been identified.
Six of the eight suspects have been placed in pre-trial detention for three months by a district court in the northern city of Elbląg.
Two others were released under police supervision, with bail and a ban on leaving the country.
Prosecutors in Elbląg have charged the suspects with participation in an organised criminal group and human trafficking.
They face possible prison sentences of between three and 20 years.
Authorities said further arrests are possible as the investigation continues.
(gs)