X
Dear User,
On May 25, 2018, Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of April 27, 2016 (General Data Protection Regulation) came into force. We encourage you to familiarise yourself with information about the processing of personal data on the PolskieRadio.pl website.
1.The Data Administrator is Polish Radio S.A., based at 77/85 Niepodległości Ave., 00-977, Warsaw.
2.On issues regarding your data, please contact the Data Protection Officer, e-mail: iod@polskieradio.pl, tel. 22 645 34 03.
3.Personal data may be processed for marketing purposes based on consent.
4.Personal data may be shared solely for the purpose of proper implementation of services defined in the privacy policy.
5.Personal data will not be transferred outside the European Economic Area or to an international organisation.
6.Personal data will be stored for 5 years after an account is deactivated, in accordance with the law.
7.You have the right to access your personal data, correct it, to have it moved or deleted, or to limit its processing.
8.You have the right to object to further processing, and in the case of voicing consent to the processing of personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent. The exercise of the right to withdraw consent does not affect any processing that has already taken place.
9.You have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
10.Polish Radio S.A. declares that no automated decisions are made when personal data is processed, and that profiling is not used.
For more information on this subject, please read our personal data and privacy policy.
I UNDERSTAND
English Section

Heavy losses for Russia in Donbas: UK

22.06.2022 10:00
Russian and pro-Russian forces are suffering “extraordinary attrition” during their offensive in Ukraine’s eastern Donbas region, according to the UK Ministry of Defence.
A Ukrainian serviceman in the eastern city of Severodonetsk, June 19, 2022.
A Ukrainian serviceman in the eastern city of Severodonetsk, June 19, 2022.PAP/EPA/Oleksandr Ratushniak

In its latest intelligence update, posted on Wednesday, the British Ministry of Defence said that Russia has not disclosed the total number of its military casualties in Ukraine since March 25.

Casualty rate at around 55%

However, the pro-Russian self-declared Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR) last Friday said that 2,128 of its troops had been killed in action and 8,897 wounded, the UK analysts noted.

They wrote: “The DPR casualty rate is equivalent to around 55 percent of its original force, which highlights the extraordinary attrition Russian and pro-Russian forces are suffering in the Donbas.”  

“On both sides, the ability to generate and deploy reserve units to the front is likely becoming increasingly critical to the outcome of the war,” the UK Ministry of Defence said. 

Purge among senior Russian officers?

Meanwhile, there are reports of a radical reshuffle among the commanders of the Russian invasion of Ukraine, Polish state news agency PAP said on Wednesday.

According to the US-based Institute for the Study of War (ISW), these reports indicate “a possible purge of senior officers blamed for failures in Ukraine.”

The think tank said that the Kremlin "recently replaced the commander of the Russian Airborne (VDV) forces,” among other changes.

Moreover, last week the investigative journalism group Bellingcat reported that Russian President Vladimir Putin planned to dismiss Southern Military District (SMD) Commander Alexander Dvornikov as the commander of the invasion of Ukraine “following Dvornikov’s excessive drinking and lack of trust among Russian forces,” the ISW wrote.

It further noted that, according to Ukrainian sources, Dvornikov had already been replaced by Colonel-General Gennady Zhidko.

At the same time, “Russian forces continue to face force generation challenges and are committing unprepared contract servicemen to the invasion of Ukraine,” according to the ISW. 

Russia continues missile strikes on military and civilian facilities

Meanwhile, the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine wrote on Wednesday: “Russian  occupiers continue to launch missile and air strikes on military and civilian infrastructure in Ukraine.”

In its daily operational update, Ukraine’s military command also reported that Russia continued to block civilian shipping.

“Six Kalibr naval-based cruise missile carriers are ready to use missile weapons in the Black Sea,” the Ukrainian General Staff said.

Bid to gain full control of Severodonetsk

In the eastern Donetsk direction, “the enemy continues to focus its efforts on the Severodonetsk and Bakhmut directions in order to reach the administrative borders of the Luhansk region,“ Ukraine officials said.

They added that “the enemy is trying to establish full control” over the key eastern city of Severodonetsk. 

Ukraine’s General Staff also reported: “In the Slovyansk direction, the occupiers are carrying out systematic fire in order to create conditions for the resumption of the offensive on the city of Slovyansk. Conduct assault operations.”  

Meanwhile, in the area of the northeastern city of Kharkiv, “the enemy is conducting air reconnaissance in order to identify the locations of our troops,” according to Ukraine officials.

They added: “The aggressor carried out intense artillery shelling of Ukrainian positions near Kharkiv, Staryi Saltiv, Rubizhne and Chepil.”

Wednesday is day 119 of the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

(pm/gs)

Source: PAP, facebook.com/GeneralStaff.uaunderstandingwar.org